Job offer Ref. BI-ANKER-201806-01 - Airfreight - USA
A leading international cargo logistics company in the WESTON, FL (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale) area is seeking a self-motivated individual for a position in our operations department. The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated, organized, detail oriented and capable of multi-tasking.
Bansard - Anker International operates its shipping and transport services through a seamless global network. We provide container slots in all global trade lanes.
As a partner to many exporters and importers, AI provides reliable inland transport services and departures from and to all worldwide ports. AI is your partner for efficient Door-to-Door Combined Transport Services for FCL and LCL, and our logistics division manages and fulfills your airfreight transport needs.
Primary Responsibilities of the AIR EXPORT TRANSPORTATION COORDINATOR include:
An AIR EXPORT TRANSPORTATION COORDINATOR is a critical member of the company who deals with the day to day operations of the air export transportation flow of AOG, TIME CRITICAL, TEMPERATURE CONTROLED, CONSOLIDATED AND HAZARDOUS/GENERAL CARGO but also provides support to all functions including, but not limited to, customer service, accounting and procurement, phone and e-mail communication with customers and vendors on a daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively manage the shipments from PO inception all the way through to delivery to THE DESTINATION AIRPORTS AND/OR OUR customers warehouses or our customers customer’s warehouses, depending on the INCO terms
- Train on proper execution of work procedures
- Ensure all shipping and receiving operations, documentation flow, information and payments are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure data accuracy and timely input of event codes during the life of a shipment
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of records of incoming shipments
- Ensure assigned work areas are maintained, clean and in orderly fashion
- Communicate with overseas offices, with customers, shippers/exporters with airlines, warehouses and truckers on a daily basis to ensure shipments are coordinated well throughout the transport chain
- Assist in upgrading existing processes and procedures
- Must be able to work in an office AND warehouse environment. Duties in the warehouse require i.e. labeling of pallets, drums. Support warehouse staff if necessary to pick orders from inventory, and prepare outbound shipments both physically and technically
Specific responsibilities include:
- Must be able to work individually, be self-motivated and self-guided, driven and must have passion with the logistics industry
- Team player
- Must be able to prioritize based on urgency of shipments: AOG, TIME CRITICAL, STANDARD
- Must be capable of working in demanding and stressful situations and conditions on a daily basis
- Overtime may be necessary as business needs dictate. Late hours on Fridays, and early mornings on Saturdays as business dictates
- Ability to multitask with ease
- Effective communicator, verbal and written, to all levels of the organization
Basic Qualifications/Essential Functions (Required):
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience with an international freight forwarder
- Must have experience to handle AOG, TIME CRITICAL shipments
- Airline contacts a plus
- Must be able to work and fully comprehend the entire life cycle of an air export shipment, including invoice auditing, contract rates verification, inputting of expenses into the TMS, and inputting the fees into the TMS to create the final invoice to the customers
- Proficient in suite of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel), Magaya TMS a plus
- Computer proficiency to learn other applications with basic instruction
- Ability to perform regular housekeeping and maintain general cleanliness in work area
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Good geographical knowledge and math skills a must
Why Bansard-Anker International?
- Compensation: based on experience and performance
- Benefits: after 3 months, company pays 50% of health Insurance costs base don company program
- Work Culture: Young, Dynamic team with global network, and simple decisión making process. We train for skills, hire for attitude, and invest in our people.
- Flexible working hours
- PTO: 10 working days + 3 personal days