Find out how to import your sanitary products in France. What documents do you need to provide? What are the European Union standards equivalences?
The Bansard International Group is able to advise and provide you with transport and logistics solutions for your imports of masks, gels and other sanitary products.
Within the framework of the fight against the spread of COVID-19, the number of sanitary equipment imported into France and the European Union has significantly increased and the authorities have set up new procedures.
For any importation of sanitary products, importers must ensure that :
- Respect the standards and markings of the products concerned and follow the European regulations by providing adequate certification and documentation (note that, due to circumstances, masks can be imported without CE marking).
- Inform the French institutions at email@example.com if more than 5 million products are imported per quarter by the same company,
- If legal entities wish to make a donation, they must also register with the authorities at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any additional information regarding customs, we invite you to join our dedicated teams at email@example.com
SUMMARY OF PERMITTED IMPORT EUROPEAN UNION STANDARDS
|Type of personal protective equipment|| European harmonised standards /
| Foreign standards /
|Masks for medical use
(« surgical masks »)
|Standard EN 14683:2019 (types I, II and IIR)|| - American standard ASTM F2100-19 (levels 1, 2 et 3)
- Chinese standard YYT 0969-2013 (equivalent to EN 14683:2019 type I)
- Chinese standard YY 0469-2011 (equivalent to EN 14683:2019 type I & IIR)
|Respiratory protective masks for medical use (FFP2)||Standard EN 149+A1:2009|| - Chinese standard GB2626 or GB 19083-2010
- American standard NIOSH 42 CFR 84
|Personal protective quipment not for medical use: protective mask FFP2)|| NF EN 149 : 2001+A1:2009
« Respiratory protective devises - Filtering half masks to proctect against particules - requirements, testing, marking »/FFP2
| - American standard NIOSH 42 CFR 84/N95 as well as protection classes offering superior protection : N99, N100, P95, P99, P100, R95, R99, R100
- Chinese standard GB2626-2006/KN95
- Australian and New Zealand standard AS/NZS 1716:2012/P2
- Korean standard KMOEL - 2017-64/1st class
- Japan standard JMHLW-Notification 214, 2018/DS
Source: Ministère Français de l'Action et des Comptes Publics
Additional documents to download: